Whether it’s a week long summer vacation or a family
reunion, time at Sandbridge Beach is always looked forward to. The drive, however, can sometimes be trying
especially if you have small children. When it comes to road trips with little ones, these 10 suggestions
can reduce stress and make your travels much more fun.
1. Plan Ahead
– Don’t wait until the last minute to figure out how to entertain your kids. Search for ideas online, ask
friends and compile a list you can pull from.
2. Don’t Be in a Hurry
– With kids, you’re going to run late. It’s pretty much a given. Allow plenty of time so your stress levels
3. Pack Lots of Wipes – You know you’ll need them and
wipes are so useful for tabletops, messes, washing hands and more.
Yourself with a Selection of “Anywhere” Games – I Spy and the Alphabet Game are two long-standing
5. Give Kids a Camera – Buy cheap, disposable cameras
and let your children go wild. They’ll love documenting their trip.
Download Age-Appropriate Apps – There’s an app for everything these days from those that simulate
a cracked tablet/phone screen to really cute ones that entertain your children. Visit the App Store and
search for children’s games.
7. Let Them Help – From planning what
to wear to deciding what Sandbridge Beach vacation rental you’ll reserve, kids love to be involved.
8. Books, Books & More Books – Puzzle books, coloring books, children’s
books, sticker books… they are non-tech, quiet ways to entertain children.
Make a Map so Kids Can Follow Along – For kids who can read, print or draw a map of your route so
they can keep track of where you are.
10. Make a Wish List – What
fun activities are tops for your children? Have them create a wish list, then mark things off as you do
Taking the stress out of road trips with kids is easy when you use these 10
tips. You and your children will enjoy the journey to Sandbridge Beach as much as the destination.