Top 10 Things To Love About Sandbridge Beach, VA
If you are looking for the perfect destination for your next family vacation, move Sandbridge Beach to the top of your list. With quiet beaches, friendly hospitality and adventure around every turn, Sandbridge will soon become a family favorite for these 10 reasons and more!
1. Less Crowded — Sandbridge Beach prides itself on being a secluded community your family can enjoy without fighting for a tiny patch of sun-warmed sand. If you love the beach but hate tourist traps and crowds, Sandbridge offers plenty of opportunity for you to swim, fish, surf, shop, and relax without feeling boxed in. With more than five miles of beautiful beaches, you will be sure to find a place you can truly stretch out.
2. Family Friendly — Sandbridge’s quiet community provides plenty of opportunities for everyone in your family to enjoy beautiful beaches, explore nature, and get away from the hustle and bustle of resort locations. Children will enjoy building sand castles on the beach or playing at Little Island Park, while teens and adults may want to try a new watersport activity such as paddleboarding, kayaking or parasailing. There are also plenty of activities the whole family can enjoy together — taking a dolphin tour, exploring Back Bay Wildlife Refuge, or planning a day of fishing at Little Island Pier.
3. Outer Banks Feel — Sandbridge Beach offers all the glorious beaches, luxurious accommodations, and entertainment options of bigger and busier beaches, without all the bustle of tourism traffic you would expect in other Outer Banks destinations. Make our community your home base for your next seaside adventure, and enjoy the fun of the beach and surrounding areas as well as the relaxing feel of a less crowded, more secluded vacation spot.
4. Central Location — You may feel that you are miles from the hubbub of the city but, in reality, you are only a short drive from many popular destinations. The famous Virginia Beach boardwalk, numerous golf courses, and lots of shops and restaurants are within an easy drive.
5. Upscale Community — Even though the community is small, there is no sacrifice of service or quality. Enjoy a sophisticated dinner at a local restaurant or fall asleep to the lull of waves on the shore in your cozy rental accommodations. Unique shops and boutiques provide a chance to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list. If you want additional shopping opportunities, you will find a wide variety of options at Red Mill Commons, just a few minutes from Sandbridge Beach.
6. Adventure Awaits — Have you always wanted to try surfing, or galloping down the beach on horseback? Maybe you wonder how raw clams taste or want to catch your own dinner of fresh fish. At Sandbridge Beach, you can make those dreams a reality. Sign up for lessons in your activity of choice with one of the many expert local providers, or bring your own surfboard and catch a few waves with friends. If fishing is your sport, try your hand from the beach or take a guided fishing tour where you can reel in dinner for the whole family. (Check out Virginia fishing license information)
7. Relaxed Pace — Maybe the only “adventure” you want is to take a slow barefoot stroll down the beach. If that’s the case, you have come to the right place. We want you to feel as if you have escaped to a secret paradise where you can find your favorite beachside nook and enjoy the “sea”nery.
8. Gorgeous Scenery — Gorgeous seaside sunrises and sunsets are a way of life here on Sandbridge Beach, and you will continually be awestruck at the beauty of nature everywhere you turn. Whether admiring the towering sand dunes or lush wooded golf courses, the nature lover in you will breathe easier along Sandbridge Beach. For those seeking even more wild beauty, the Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge and False Cape State Park provide great kayaking, bird watching, hiking and fishing.
9. Local Wildlife — Back Bay isn’t the only place to experience the wild side of Sandbridge Beach. Your family will enjoy the abundance of wildlife that call Sandbridge home. Pods of dolphins are often spotted just off the coast (in fact, tours are available to swim among them) and wild ponies are sometimes sighted running along the beach. Pelicans, seagulls, turtles and crabs are your next-door neighbors when visiting the beach. Don’t forget to pack your camera!
10. Memories — Although you will wish you could pack up the beautiful dunes and rolling waves in your suitcase, you will come home with something even better: warm memories of your visit that last a lifetime.
Make reservations today to enjoy these 10 pleasures of Sandbridge Beach, and start your own Top 10 list with new things to explore in the future.